“I truly enjoy being a lawyer. I have been fortunate to have formed many long-standing friendships and business relationships with clients and other attorneys.”
- Seasoned litigator with specific experience in complex commercial litigation, business law, and securities regulatory defense litigation.
- Four decades of legal practice and former trial attorney with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Outside counsel to a variety of sophisticated businesses and Fortune 500 corporations.
- Represented individuals and companies successfully in investigations and trials before the SEC, FINRA, regulatory organizations, as well as federal and state courts.
A. Thomas Tenenbaum
Tom Tenenbaum is one of the premier securities defense attorneys and commercial litigators in Colorado. He is the founder of Tenenbaum Law, a business law, securities law, and litigation firm with a national practice based in Denver. To each matter that he works on, Tom brings four decades of experience in the complex areas of business and securities law transactions and litigation. He augments his legal practice with expert witness engagements, academic lecturing, and commentating on securities and corporate matters.
Denver Business Lawyer & Securities Expert
As an accomplished litigator, Tom regularly serves as trial counsel in commercial litigation and securities law matters to individuals and corporations in a variety of industries. Over the years, he has protected business professionals and their companies in legal matters involving banking, entertainment, finance, financial products, financial services, insurance, oil and gas, public utilities, and telecommunications. Regardless of the size of his client’s business, or the gravity of their legal problem, Tom’s corporate and individual clients turn to him as a valuable legal counselor and trusted business advisor.
Tom Tenenbaum began his career with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s New York office. He also led the corporate securities department at a major law firm and was a principal partner of an investment banking firm. His entrepreneurial spirit led him to form Tenenbaum Law with a business model that maximizes efficiencies to provide large law firm quality representation that is cost effective for clients.
Tom has been recognized nationally in the “Top Rated” lists of securities lawyers by The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, Corporate Counsel, and 5280 Magazine. For more than 25 years, he has been AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest peer review rating possible based on legal ability and ethical integrity.
Outside of the office, Tom and his wife Brenda, a professional chef, enjoy world travel. He is an avid landscape and nature photographer and long distance motorcycle enthusiast.
- J.D., Fordham University, 1976
- American Jurisprudence Award
- B.A., Fordham University, 1973
- Magna Cum Laude
- New York, 1976
- Colorado, 1981
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- American Bar Association
- Member, Committee on Corporate Governance
- Member- Corporate, Banking and Business Law Sections
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Member- Securities Section
- SEC Alumni Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated (5.0/5.0), Martindale-Hubbell (1991-present)
- 8.4/10, AVVO
- Denver’s Top Lawyers, 5280 Magazine (2013-2015)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Lecturer, “Securities Private Placements,” University of Denver Sturm College of Law (2013)
- Lecturer, “How to Respond to SEC Subpoena,” Denver Bar Association (1992)
- Lecturer, “Federal Securities Registration,” Colorado Bar Association (1990)
Call Tom Tenenbaum of Tenenbaum Law at (303) 919-1300 to schedule your appointment.